Friday, February 18, 2011

10 minutes with... Senior Technical Manager, Mr. Rajen, Business Asset Group

Our journalist, Mr. Syed Khairil sat down with  the Senior Technical Manager, Mr. Rajen of Business Asset Group (BAG) for an interview

The following is the transcript of the interview:


Syed : Good Morning to you Mr. Rajen.

Rajen: Good Morning.

Syed: You've been with KIC close to 7 years now. Not many people outside of BAG know who you are and what you do. Can you please tell us more about yourself?.

Rajen: I'm a Senior Technical Manager with Business Asset Group. I'm in charge of all Technical items with regards to the ships and terminals. As part of my job, I visit our vessels for troubleshooting emergencies with regards to technical and mechanical faults of the ships.

I interact with the Master and Captain to resolve operational and technical issues.

Other than that, I verify Purchase Orders and Invoices with regards to the ships on daily basis. 

I report to and advice the Management for any eventual operational failure and rectifications, including assisting to maintain the operational budget. 

This is an ongoing co-ordinated routine with the Business Asset Group.

I plan with the Superintendents and Procument Manager for future planning of operations.

Syed : What is your background?

Rajen: I'm a Engineer with a Bachelors Degree, with a specialization in Marine Engineering. I have 18 years experience on board VLCC and ULCC class ships.

I've been a Chief Engineer of Foreign going vessels since 1985. Ships I've worked on are Sea Giant and Jahre Viking, being the world's largest ships of 555,000 Dead Weight Tons.

Jahre Viking

Sea Giant


Syed : Any other additional training?

Rajen: Yes. I've attended Advanced Marine Engineering courses in Australia.

Syed : Where are you currently based?

Rajen: I'm currently based at HQ, since April 2010.

Syed : Mr. Rajen, thank you for your time and sharing with us about yourself today.

Rajen: Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment